In preparation for Directed Energy 2019, we wanted to exclusively share these past presentations with you. Below you will find expert content on:
- Enhancing and Developing Directed Energy Testing: Colonel Richard Haggerty, Project Manager ITTS, PEO STRI
- Implementing DES Into the Shorad Strategy to Counter Group 1 UAS: Col (R) John Haithcock, Director, Fires Battle Lab, Fires Center of Excellence
- Providing Distributed Lethality with Directed Energy and Kinetic Platforms: Colonel Michael “Moses” Thompson, Chief, Advanced Weapon Systems Division, ACC USAF
- Defense Laser Weapons for Air Mobility Platforms: Dr. Donna C. Senft, Chief Scientist, Air Mobility Command, US Air Force
- Integrating Directed Energy Technology to Counter UASs and Forward Base Defense: Dr. Michael Jirjis, Directed Energy Experimentation, Lead, Strategic Development, Planning & Experimentation, US Air Force
- Joint Laser Systems Effectiveness Joint Test: Mr. Scott Boyd, Director JLaSE Joint Test, NSWC Dahlgren
- Energy Storage and Power Systems for DEW Applications: Rich Schroeder, Director, Business Operations, EaglePicher Technologies
- High Energy Laser Technology for the Multi-Domain Battlefield: Thomas Webber, Director, USASMDC/ARSTRAT Technical Center
- AFSOC Airborne High Energy Laser Initiative: Lieutenant Colonel Oluyomi “Yomi” Faminu, Division Chief of Technology, SOCOM
- Energy Magazines for Directed Energy Weapons and Back-up Power: Don Klick, Director Business Development, Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems
A presentation on countering piracy with non-lethal weaponry. Discussed by RAdm. Massimo Annati, ITN (ret’d), Non-Lethal “Capabilities,” Directed Energy “Capabilities,” Laser Dazzling, and other laser tehchnology, as well as Acoustic Hailing Devices and more!
Colonel Richard Haggerty, Project Manager ITTS, PEO STRI, presents on enhancing and developing DE testing. PEO STRI is the leading office in the army, collaborating with all services of the DOD and armed forces to Mature and transition DE test technologies. The office is focused and determined to enable and develop full-spectrum Test and Evaluation capabilities and fill the current and future critical testing gaps, eventually leading to the fielding of operational DE weapons systems.
Col (R) John Haithcock, Director, Fires Battle Lab, Fires Center of Excellence, presents on:
- DES battle management and fire control
- Efficient power fire and versatile applications
- Unit level DES SHORAD capabilities
Colonel Michael “Moses” Thompson, Chief, Advanced Weapon Systems Division, ACC USAF, presents on:
- Warfighters perspective for future requirements, capabilities and integration of DE weapon systems on fighter jets
- Enabling crew and asset survivability while increasing air superiority
- Advancements in Precise turbulence correction and laser beam pointing for mission success
Dr. Donna C. Senft, Chief Scientist, Air Mobility Command, US Air Force, presents on:
- Future plans for DE integration on air mobility assets
- Enabling global mobility and operational freedom
- Challenges and Opportunities
Dr. Michael Jirjis, Directed Energy Experimentation, Lead, Strategic Development, Planning & Experimentation, US Air Force, presents on:
- US Air Force flight plan
- Enabling precision engagement and interception
- Targeting group 1 and group 2 unmanned aircraft
Mr. Scott Boyd, Director JLaSE Joint Test, NSWC Dahlgren, presents on:
- JLaSE and J-FLaME joint feasibility study update
- Integration of DEL systems into the Joint Targeting Cycle focusing on capabilities analysis, weapons, and damage estimation
- Collateral and civilian concerns for employment
Rich Schroeder, Director, Business Operations, EaglePicher Technologies, presents on energy storage and power systems.
Thomas Webber, Director, USASMDC/ARSTRAT Technical Center, presents on:
- Demonstrating HEL Technology on Mobile systems
- Accelerating HEL Technology to the Warfighter
- Vision for future HEL Technology Development and Fielding
Lieutenant Colonel Oluyomi “Yomi” Faminu, Division Chief of Technology, SOCOM, presents on the AFSOC airborne high energy laser initiative.
Don Klick, Director Business Development, Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems,and Carlos Aguirre, Senior Manager Business Development, Leonardo DRS Land Electronics, present on energy magazines for DEW and back-up power.
Scott Boyd, Joint Test Director of NSWC Dahlgren, and MAJ Jeff Nelson, USA Deputy Test Director of JT&E present on airspace deconfliction and fire control measures, collateral and civilian concerns for employment, and the J-FLaME and JLaSE Joint Feasibility Study.
Major General John McMullen, Vice Commander of Air Combat Command, USAF, presents on the requirements for multi-domain capabilities, systems reliability and operator level maintenance, and user feedback from DES exercises and testing.
COL(R) John Haithcock, Director of Fires Battle Lab for the U.S. Army Fires Center of Excellence, presents on incorporating DE Systems into teamed maneuver exercises, determining unit level SHORAD capabilities, and recent testing and development results.
Dr. Richard Bagnell, SHiELD Program Manager for the Air Force Research Laboratory, presents on AFRLs SHiELD program update, challenges and developments for airborne DES, and future program initiatives.
Tom Webber, Director of Technical Center for the USASMDC/ARSTRAT, presents on maturing HEL technology, demonstrating HEL systems, and collaborating with the Warfighter.